Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabinets installed at exchange

sharon468
Dabbler

Cabinets installed at exchange

Hello Smiley

This might be confusing depending on how I word it but hoping someone has some experience.

So I'm currently on an exchange line only and I am in scope to get FTTC according to the Openreach checker. 

I noticed a few days ago that BT had finished installing cabinets outside the exchange and I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience and could tell me how long they waited before they were able to order Fibre Optic.

I have emailed Openreach to ask them but no one has replied yet.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Cabinets installed at exchange

As someone who is also on a exchange only line I understand the frustration Grin

With regards to time-scales unfortunately they can vary from anywhere from a month to 12 months as Openreach will have to re-route your line through the new cabinet.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
sharon468
Dabbler

If only they would update their website lol

I'm hoping they'll get it done quick as Virgin Media are installing their network next month

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Hopefully they get it sorted for you soon.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
mtdean
Dabbler

Hi

Be VERY wary of changing over to fibre.
I decided to make this foolish move.
Change over date set, installed new router ready for it.
Thursday 12/1 arrived, lost connection and it is still not back.

Does seem to matter how many times I call, how many line managers promise me that it will work in 48 hrs, still no connection.  And no time/date of when it will be up.  Told to be patient, unfortunately they have not met my wife. So I am getting all the flak for making the change to fibre.

So moral of this tail.  DO NOT CHANGE TO FIBRE.  If you do want fibre seek ano provider immediately.

All the best
Martin

BTW Why is fibre coming up as spelt incorrectly.  Come on PlusNet use an English UK spell checker not American

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

When I type 'fiber' in this reply it's shown as wrong.

'Fibre' is shown as correct.

I think you'll find the spill chucking is done on your machine.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
mtdean
Dabbler

Thank you 198kHz (someone likes R4).

My issues with the spelling was a browser problem. Tested my 5 browsers, 3 out 5 used UK - Edge, IE and Chrome. Firefox and Opera used US. Had to download AddOns, then change the language preference. Interesting 10 minutes spent with the re-configuration.

Help with this is appreciated, been annoying me for a while, but never bothered before, should have done what my wife always tells me to do, DIN - Do It Now.

Many thanks
Martin