cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabinet finally being enabled. Maybe.

jeffers
Grafter

Cabinet finally being enabled. Maybe.

After years of waiting it seems BT have started the ball rolling to enable FTTC on my cabinet. In the last few days some websites have started listing my line as being fibre enabled whilst others say not until the end of June.
Plusnet - are you able to check when you would be able to provide fibre to cabinet P19 on the Pontypool exchange? I only recently signed up with Plusnet so when fibre is available what would be the proces and cost) of upgrading from ADSL to fibre?
Hoping sooner rather than later Smiley
9 REPLIES 9
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Cabinet finally being enabled. Maybe.

Showing as 30 June 2015 - you can check here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ and it will give you the speed estimates.
I believe Plusnet now email you when your cabinet goes live, so you can place an order straight away. The upgrade process is very straightforward.
jeffers
Grafter

Yeah, I seen that but the info on superfast cymru (http://www.superfast-cymru.com/where-and-when) says its already enabled, this has changed from something like "exchange accepting orders but cabinet not yet updated, but it is in our plans" to...
Great news!
It looks like that you can get fibre broadband straightaway with predicted speeds of up to 70Mbps (FTTC).
You are connected to cabinet number 19 on  the Pontypool exchange.
The Bt infinity site says its not available at all. The info has only been updated in the last few days so im guessing the new dates havent been updated across the board but I'm not sure who to believe. Since I've just signed up to Plusnet (and have a contact) I thought they would be the best people to ask. Is the info on dslchecker generally the most accurate?
AndyH
Grafter

Hi
So the Superfast Cymru site is a bit misleading as I think it's referring to more your exchange being enabled. The actual cabinet does not look to be live yet.
The DSL Checker I posted contains the bulk data from Openreach and this is what ISPs use to gauge availability of a product. It's the same data that's used for when you enter you address or number for availability on any ISP's site.
jeffers
Grafter

It looks like Superfast Cymru have updated their site again, saying not yet available agin. Hoping the info on dsl checker is accurate. Thanks for the info
AndyH
Grafter

The DSL Checker is the best source of information.
jeffers
Grafter

Errr, the dslchecker site has changed today. It says FTTC is available  Shocked
AndyH
Grafter

You should be able to upgrade then - here's how to do it http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/change_broadband.shtml
jeffers
Grafter

Sweeeeet! Just submitted the order Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Yep, once the DSL Checker site shows availability then we can place an order.
I see you've already been through the upgrade process Smiley
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.