cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabinet confusion causing delays

Gazflo
Dabbler

Cabinet confusion causing delays

On 20th Feb I ordered PN fibre. After 5 weeks of problems (including 3 weeks without any internet) PN will finally install ADSL (not fibre) next week.

Many of the problems have been attributed to errors with Openreach data.

Availability checkers that use my postcode and phone number (like PN and PT) say I can have fibre.

If I use dslchecker.bt.com with my address, it says I'm connected to cabinet 7, which is fibre-enabled.

If I use dslchecker.bt.com with my phone number, it says I'm connected to cabinet 18, which isn't fibre-enabled.

How do I find out definitively which cabinet am I connected to?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter

3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Fixes: 208

Re: Cabinet confusion causing delays

As far as I am aware using your telephone number gives the most accurate result.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gazflo
Dabbler

Thanks Mav. I'm confused why there's a discrepancy. One of the results is clearly wrong. But how do I know which one for sure?

My original fibre order was cancelled citing "cabinet capacity" issues. Which suggests I am connected to cabinet 7.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 181

Hi @Gazflo, I've responded to your other thread regarding problems with your order.

However in regards to the mismatch of data regarding which cabinet you're connected to, we contacted our suppliers to look in to this and correct their records and we later received a response to advise that fibre is unfortunately not available on the cabinet you're actually connected to.

I do apologise for any inconvenience this causes.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team