Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabinet Swap

Greg_Berry
Hooked

Cabinet Swap

Hi,

Would getting a cabinet swap be something that Plusnet could get done for me? I'm closer to one cabinet but connected to another. While the speeds are semi-decent, if two people are using the internet, the speeds drop substantially, to the point pictures take a while to load. My telephone line goes to the telephone pole which goes to my cabinet, but a neighbour who is on the same telephone pole goes to the closer cabinet and gets more than twice the speed I get! Please tell me its possible as I am ripping my hair out with not being able to do more than one thing at a time.

For info, I'm on the Bridgwater exchange and I'm on cabinet 41 but Cabinet 24 is closer.

I've gone through the help guides including using the test socket but that didn't alter the speed. I've got a new 5C master socket and the router is the only thing plugged into the socket with no extension sockets anywhere in the building.
9 REPLIES 9
Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Unlimited Fibre Extra Guarenteed 39.8Mb but only getting 5.2Mb

@Greg_Berry

I think you would be better to start a new thread with this problem you will more than likely to get a quicker response.

But you need to go through the  https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/about-broadband-speeds/ first it will take a wile but you will get there.

I love hobnobs you can nibble and then take a chunk out of it
Part of life living
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Cabinet Swap

Moderator's note:
OP's duplicate post and two replies from another thread were removed with one reply by BlueJiay5 being merged here.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

notmyname
Rising Star

You'd have to look towards getting a "pair divert".  This will only be possible if the ducting is in place, and intersects at some point between the two cabinets.

Greg_Berry
Hooked

How do I go about doing that? Waiting for plusnet to reply I assume? Tongue

The issue is is that I'm starting to work from home now and my job involves remoting on to users PC to fix issues, and a laggy slow connection is a pain.
notmyname
Rising Star

You'll have a job on mate, put it that way.  Highly doubt you'll get anywhere to be honest.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Unfortunately this isn't something we can request.

There are cases where BT Openreach do this to increase speeds but it can take some time for this to be done.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Greg_Berry
Hooked

So how would I go about requesting openreach do this? Do you have any contact details?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'm afraid you can't request it as far as I'm aware.

The moves are primarily being done for people who's estimates on FTTC fall below 15mbps or so.

As your estimates are above this it's unlikely to be considered in the near future.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Going back to the OP.  To establish a sound case for a cabinet swap will almost certainly require giving Openreach an opportunity to diagnose and potentially fix the cause of the problem you are seeing.

I'd suggest you follow the process here to initiate and record the problem.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.