cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CWMP could not resolve host

asnuggets
Dabbler

CWMP could not resolve host

My broadband has been down for 20 hours. Orange power light, flashing red broadband light. Event log says...

CWMP initializing transaction for event code 1 boot

Cwmp session start now. Event code 1 boot, 4 value change

Cwmp server url https://dbtpnhdm.bt.mo; connection as user: ACS username

Cwmp session closed due to error. Could not resolve host.

-------

What is this? I hate having zero connection, especially when i get home after a days work to enjoy 4 days holiday booked off just to find i can't do my favourite thing lmao. A whole day is quite a while so im worried (i remember it going down when i went to bed last night but didnt think much of it and totally forgot, but its still not working so idk)
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: CWMP could not resolve host

Sorry to introduce even more acronyms but CWMP means CPE (Customer Premises Equipment - ie your router) WAN (Wide Area Network) Management Protocol. The router appears to be trying to connect to its management service and failing. Is it a BT branded Home Hub or a Plusnet Hub 1?

David
asnuggets
Dabbler

I opened up a ticket early this morning and it was fixed in about 4 hours so that's good. They did say it was a fault with their supplier so they contacted them and I got a text a couple hours later to say they're working on it, now it's all good. Thanks anyway.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I'm sorry to hear you've had connection problems and I'm happy it was quickly resolved.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet