cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS Staff, Checked WOW How Totally Unexpected!

PembsPanther
Grafter

CS Staff, Checked WOW How Totally Unexpected!

Hello Smiley
Could one of the wonderful customer service staff that man this forum please check that my fibre upgrade order is still on schedule for activation tomorrow please? Don't want no shenanigans this time so thought it best to check it wil still live and happening.
Thanks in advance Smiley
17 REPLIES 17
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: CS Staff, Can You Check Please..........

I'm just looking now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
PembsPanther
Grafter

Thanks Matthew.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Unfortunately the agent who placed the order did it incorrectly so the order won't be going ahead.
I've replaced the order and I'll confirm the new date as soon as I can.
Really sorry about this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
PembsPanther
Grafter

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Cry
PembsPanther
Grafter

ahhh calmed down a bit now.............
OK so any news on a new date then?
Had to cancel the cake, the champagne, spent all morning blowing balloons up and for nothing!
Grin sadly predicted and expected.............
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Hi Smiley
I see Matt has popped offline on the forums but I can see the order has been accepted by BT Wholesale this time and was indeed placed correctly, showing a committed date for the 18th, sadly a bit of a wait but this one will go ahead without issue
PembsPanther
Grafter

Hi Darkfire
Thanks for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it, I also appreciate none of this is your fault and you are trying top assist me Smiley
Bit disappointed with having to wait another 3 weeks if I am completely honest, especially seen as the order was supposed to be placed last Friday and the wait time then was only 1 week! Also I live in a very rural area, there is no way on this earth that the OR engineers that service my local exchange are booked up solid for the next 3 weeks, no way, not possible not even for moment, maybe if they had to relay all cables in the area and build a complete new network but apart from that it is impossible, also this is a "no engineer required, self install" jobby, now I am assuming an engineer will have to get physically involved somewhere at the exchange or cabinet but it kind of implies it should be a relatively quick thing to do.
Surely there must be some way someone at Plusnet can get this expedited so it happens a lot sooner than 3 weeks? Please don't say no because there HAS to be a way, either way I am the customer and someone whether it be PN or OR has dropped the ball, not really my problem, I know I frequently get terrible service from PN but that does not mean I have to accept it as the norm and I do not accept this as the norm I sure it is just a glitch PN are going through but when problem,s like this can almost be 100% accurately predicted there must be a way to speed the resolution process up, I refuse to believe anything else, sorry.......................
PembsPanther
Grafter

Re: CS Staff, Checked WOW How Totally Unexpected!

Forgot to add.....
To add insult to injury it was a member of the customer options team that placed the order! Now imagine if I had been an irate (almost not quite there yet) customer that had spoke to customer options to cancel and the got talked in to upgrading to fibre to only find out this had happened a week later, what do you think that customer would be doing right now............
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Your comments are understandable and the frustration is definitely expected,
Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to get that done any quicker, with Fibre self-installs these are still assigned to an engineer the same as if this was a managed install and the engineer is still given a 2 hour time-slot in which to complete his required tasks, they just don't attend the property as this is not required to get the service active.
When Matthew placed the order earlier today he set it with a "Required by Date" of the 4th, a week today as we must give 5 working days notice to BT Wholesale/Openreach for Fibre to the Cabinet orders, when they accepted the order and set the completion dates, they set this by the engineers they know will be available from the required date onwards, the earliest available is selected on their side, this isn't something done on any of our systems and is controlled wholly by BT Wholesale.
With the order that was placed last week that you were expecting to complete tomorrow, in all honesty It wouldn't have been tomorrow as it would have then been changed to the soonest engineer, the order didn't progress to this stage as it was placed incorrectly and failed almost immediately.
I am about to leave the office but I'd be more than happy to give you a call tomorrow once I am back in if you wish to discuss other ways to correct the issues and compensate you for the mistakes made, sadly bringing that date forward wouldn't be one, if I could have that done I would have you connected tomorrow.
nightstalk3r
Rising Star

This is a far to common occurrence with you Plusnet, i suggest people start losing their jobs over cocked up orders as it's not helping what little bit is left of your reputation.
PembsPanther
Grafter

Thanks for the reply Darkfire and as said I appreciate you trying to help me and also appreciate you can only follow the procedures set by PN.
Not happy though and not going to leave it here this time, this is one cock up too many now, 2 years of hell with PN, problem after problem all ignored by me, I have demonstrated patience that I did not know I had over the last 2 years, but finally PN have done it, even I now have lost faith and trust completely and I want out of my contract once and for all, you don't want my custom then Sky most definitely do.
I have kept a diary over the last 2 years of every drama I have had with PN, I just read through it, it makes very intense reading indeed, you know there has not been a clear 3 months in the last 24 when I have been problem free, some of them have been major cock ups with total loss of service for days on end, this is quite trivial comapred however where do I draw the line and say enough is enough? We have only been waiting nearly 6 years for fibre to hit our area, 6 years of outdated, crappy technology, 6 years of my son having a nightmare every time he wants to online game with his mates, 6 years of my daughters arguing over who is streaming now! And then the last 2 years with problem after cock up after problem.
ENOUGH!
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@nightstalk3r - Having worked in provisioning when I started at Plusnet, I agree it does happen far more often than we would like it to. When it's the same person making the same mistake multiple times, even after feedback, I tend to agree with that mentality. However when manual orders are placed, errors are bound to happen from time to time and when they do, we just need to ensure we're taking necessary action to correct things in a timely manner.
I can't say I've seen any mistakes from this particular advisor previously, so I wouldn't really jump straight to wanting to sack someone on potentially their first mistake. However feedback has been passed on to their manager and the appropriate action will be taken.
@PembsPanther - I am sorry there has been problems with the upgrade to fibre and this has caused the amount of delay that it has. Although we wouldn't look to expedite the order, we would certainly look to offer a fair and proportionate good will gesture for the delay that you are incurring due to the error made by one of our staff.
In regards to experiencing problem after problem "all ignored by you" are you bringing the problems to our attention so we can try to fix them for you?
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Not wishing to stir things even more but when I upgraded to fibre via Customer Options the automatic order failed.
Whether this was operator error or something else I don't know but the reason I am posting is that, from memory, it took about 5 days for it to be picked up as having failed.
This is the part I felt aggrieved about
danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

As per Oldjim, my initial order to upgrade to FTTC went the same way even had the engineer booked then I rang chasing the new router, and found that despite a booking confirmation, there wasn't one, and so the whole booking process started again and the soonest slot was over a week away. It was totally cocked-up. Better not to have a booking than the frustration of having a non-booking, its like a poke in the eye.