Did you mean: 

CHAP Authentication Failure - Since around 10AM this morning

FIXED
Nessworthy
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

CHAP Authentication Failure - Since around 10AM this morning

Hello, and happy new year!

I've had intermittent connections in the past, but from about 10AM this morning I've lost all internet connectivity completely.

I've ran through debug steps, both from Wall > Modem > PC and Wall > Modem > [Router > Switch] > PC. I use unifi equipment for my local network.

I have a dial tone on my phone, the DSL light is lit up on the modem.

When attempting to connect, it has failed to due to reported authentication issues.

My router logs print out: rcvd [CHAP Failure id=0x1 "CHAP authentication failure"], while, when testing directly, my windows connection wizard prints out a similar message (Not able to connect due to bad authentication).

Not sure if it's due to a house move I've booked in for mid January, but I phoned up earlier and have confirmed the switchover dates as being in the future (18th).

I haven't changed my password recently (though I may try this now), nor have I changed my router's WAN connection information.

Is there anything that can be done to help, or is there any steps I've missed? :X

1 REPLY 1
Nessworthy
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Re: CHAP Authentication Failure - Since around 10AM this morning

Fix

Self-replying as I reached out to the very helpful customer services. They ended up putting me through to provisions to explain.

Issue was to do with the move - the contract was still set to end early, most likely something originally missed when I had to call to push back the date we are moving house. Unfortunately, the service was terminated early (today), but provisions were able to cancel the house move, restoring the original contract & services. Next step for me will be to re-book in the move.

Thank you customer support!