cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bunch of disconnections earlier today

spat55
Dabbler

Bunch of disconnections earlier today

I always get a PPP1 down error at around 1:15/2:15/3:15am but today the line was also dropping along with these errors and much more frequently (counted at least 3), not just the once like usual (which isn't great), then out of the ordinary another bunch of PPP1 errors happened before 7am also, again at least another 3 I think, would be great to have you guys to have a look at this because since we've had FTTC over the last 18 months it's been nothing but issues.

7 REPLIES 7
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Bunch of disconnections earlier today

Hi @spat55,

I've popped a visual graph below just so we can all see the drops in an easier manner.

As you've advised there were a number of disconnections early this morning following the usual early morning disconnect. I can't anything obvious as to the cause of it. Your line test is below for reference too:

Can I ask are you aware of anything happening in your home that's timed and causing a SHINE event?

spat55
Dabbler

I've had a look around before when this started happening, we made no changes around the house the only thing I can think of is maybe someone had some work done near us, could street lighting be a cause? We have one street light between us and the cabinet that looks like it's held together with electrical tape covering the box that powers it.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @spat55

In some rare cases, street lights can cause drops however we can't confirm for certain.

I'd recommend monitoring it to see if the drops continue further

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
spat55
Dabbler

Just had another bunch of line disconnects, not sure what is going on.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, it looked like the connection dropped out for a few hours

Is your router or the master socket located close to any other electronic equipment?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
spat55
Dabbler

It's got an Alexa nearby but I've had issues before that was put there, I'll move it to rule it out, dropped out again about an hour ago.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @spat55

I've tested your line and from what I can see your connections been stable since around 5 pm yesterday afternoon as per the below connection graph.

I'd recommend keeping an eye on it over the next few days to see if it stays stable.

If the drops return I'd recommend raising a fault here and posting back once you've done so.

This will allow us to get that picked up straight away for you.

If there's anything else we can help with let us know

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team