cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffering with full speed? YouTube, Plex BBC

robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

Re: Buffering with full speed? YouTube, Plex BBC

Just tried this now and my 5G one says authentication problem all of a sudden and goes back to the normal one.

It gets tedious constantly having to do all these different things though when there's a problem, hopefully it'll just sort itself out again as it seems that a few of us have had this come around again at the same time.
Mikewoodward
Dabbler

You Ned to go into the admin side. The helpline will sort it for you. 

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

@robbieglover2k wrote:
Just tried this now and my 5G one says authentication problem all of a sudden and goes back to the normal one.

It gets tedious constantly having to do all these different things though when there's a problem, hopefully it'll just sort itself out again as it seems that a few of us have had this come around again at the same time.

Sounds like you’re affected by this https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-One-5GHz-WiFi-issue/td-p/1696363

Mikewoodward
Dabbler

To change these settings you will need to enter the admin password found on the password card on your hub. I would advise you to ring CS & ask for their help if you have any more problems. I would add that mine continues to return high speed since making this amendment. Good luck. 

Yorkshirelion
Rising Star

As the person who started this Shi*Show of a topic I can’t wait to move on from Plusnet, the YouTube peering is horrific. If you are watching super generic stuff you might be ok but start trying to watch a livestream and boom, welcome to buffer town. 

I watch YouTube livestreams and most aren’t possible without VPN to get around the buffering, especially when they use the lower latency mode that some streamers use. 

Been horrific from the start. 

rich110

I recently moved back to plusnet 38mbit from BT and started noticing buffering with youtube in the evenings. Some videos work great, others are clearly throttled. Youtube stats shows connection speed at 5000 kbps and it buffers at 480p

Wrired ethernet, speedtest shows full 38mbit. Speed varies between different videos

rich110

I have noticed that tonight videos coming from this server are slow (max 5000kbps):

Is that a google cache server?

robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

Has anyone else noticed the last few nights YouTube struggling again? It's usually about 1am, 2am etc. that I've noticed it'll do this and buffer a lot.

I've been watching some live channels on YouTube past few days/nights and it's always when it gets to this time it starts to struggle, it's only YouTube too.

This is on Wifi but doing speed tests and getting good results (35.9 download and 9.21 upload as I'm writing this message) but why is it just YouTube that's having this problem?

It's only been last few nights but I've noticed it's been consistent lately.

I hope we can get a fix with this as it's quite frustrating watching the live Youtube channels which I have no problem with during the day (and no one else is connected to the internet either).

Thanks 😊
williamtell

Yes, I'm experiencing the same issue.

Youtube constantly buffering, even when viewing at 360/480p
Plusnet direct I can see when buffering it only Receives data at between 500Kbit - 11Mbit/s (mostly lower speed)

The moment I switch onto a VPN to another UK location I get 37Mbit/s constantly during the Buffering phases.
Netflix seems to be fine.

I've raised it as an issue with them, but reading through the history here I do not have much hope of it being resolved.