Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffering with full speed? YouTube, Plex BBC

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Buffering with full speed? YouTube, Plex BBC

Hey guys,

I'm just checking that everything's good so far in relation to this issue?

Let us know if anybody's seeing problems still so we can investigate further. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Yorkshirelion@sgreener@rd1956 I've removed the static IPs we added as these were applied free of charge while attempting to get to the bottom of this problem. Could you post back if there's any trouble at all with streaming?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Yorkshirelion
Rising Star

@Gandalf a Would this be why my line just dropped? I’m trying to trouble shoot a potential issue I’m having at the minute. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It would have dropped briefly for a moment as a result. Sorry about this. ‌Sad

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rd1956
Grafter
Fixes: 1

So far everything seems ok, had a quick poke around YouTube and no issues but I will check again further this evening.

Any problems and i'll let you know.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the post back @rd1956 

That's good to see, keep me posted on how it goes tonight. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Yorkshirelion
Rising Star

Ok no problem I was listening to music and it just stopped, while you are around @Gandalf could you tell me what this means as I’m trying to see if it is worth calling out an engineer for my line but I don’t know what the following means;

DCN on line, needs ODC`s checking

I don’t wish to be charged for a visit if it isn’t required and I did open a separate thread but no-one answered.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

DCN stands for a dropping connection fault, and ODCs is Own Domain Check.

In layman's terms we'd need to go through troubleshooting before potentially booking an engineer.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Yorkshirelion
Rising Star

My YouTube also seems unaffected by the change back and seems to be working correctly. @Gandalf was the cause for this issue found? So that it doesn’t happen again?

Dezz
Dabbler

Hi,

I was plagued with the Youtube buffering for many years on Plusnet, even with videos that played fine on other VDSL connections and ISPs.

Tried everything and this was my fix (for Chrome) and it's been 100% ever since: https://support.google.com/youtube/thread/1656444?hl=en

Hope that helps Smiley

Yorkshirelion
Rising Star

1158B7EC-25ED-4756-816A-CB210E39A386.jpegAnyone else noticed fluctuating speeds again?

I’m back to having varying rates on different videos and buffering on live streams. 

Connecting to vpn fixes the issue. 

mrleelee123

Hey,

I know your post was a fair while ago but I am suffering the same thing as you. I have posted about my issue on this forum too. I like watching live streamers on Youtubers too and it's pretty much unwatchable with this issue.

Did you ever get your issue sorted?

iainshamilton
Hooked

I moved to a fixed IP address which fixed the issue for me but I believe this issue which affected dynamic IPs to have been fixed a while back now. Raise a support ticket if it has reappeared.

robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

I have noticed this problem crop up again also past couple of days or so with videos.
Mikewoodward
Dabbler

Hi. Yes but only this week. I rang the helpline & they talked me through the solution. This was basically changing my WiFi channel to the 5G one. Quite straightforward really. My speed had gone down radically & fluctuated between 64mb to 0.011. It is now a steady 65mb. It took a while for them to answer the phone, about half an hour but we’ll worth it. Good luck.