cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffering with full speed? YouTube, Plex BBC

Mikewoodward
Dabbler

Re: Buffering with full speed? YouTube, Plex BBC

Hi Anoush, I’m still having the same problems. My speed is down to about 30mb on ultra fast Fiber. This has been happening for about two weeks & happens at varying times. Please see attached photos. Mike Woodward 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @Mikewoodward and apologies for the delayed response.

I'm not confident that the issues you're having are actually related to what was discussed is in this thread as that appears to be where you're seeing a full speed but getting buffering while attempting to stream TV.

With regards to your speed problem, I've tested your line today and I can see your router is getting a speed of 73.8mbps with only 1 drop in your broadband connection in the last 32 days.

Can you confirm if you're connecting over a wireless or wired connection? If you're using WiFi, can you try a wired connection to narrow down where the issue may lie?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

Same, this is strange. 

I've had this happen as well as this here recently: Early hour drop out's 

It's all been a bit strange lately, I'm going to have to move my master socket as I've been through all this a lot and hopefully that will eliminate a lot of this for me but obviously it's not cheap as it's going to cost me £160 to move it but hopefully this fixes this for me.

I also had this Youtube issue yet was still getting good enough speed test results, it's been alright for a while now but just seeing this here also is what I was getting too. 

You can see more about this here too.

Mikewoodward
Dabbler

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I actually rang technical services this morning & they reset the hub, which seems to have sorted it out. If I need any mor3 help, I’ll get back to you. Thanks again. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the post back @Mikewoodward 

Cool. Glad to see that your speed seems to be sorted out now.

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sgreener
Grafter

I don’t know if you are directing your message at me or not but I shall reply to you.

Firstly, the problems I’m having along with countless others on the forum is that I’m not able to stream YouTube. I have difficulty in obtaining and maintaining a 128bit secure connection. My email client repeatedly times out when attempting a sync with my data centre in Glasgow. I have no issues with connection speed. Furthermore, in the past I’ve had huge problems with latency and packet loss which has destroyed a lifetime career of online gaming.

This has gone on now for almost a year (one (1) year). The last time I checked there’s an open ticket from July 2019. My issues have gone and continue to be left ignored.

More recently I contacted PN and a ticket was raised to address the issues yet again. The call handler at that time was frustrated as he could see the history of the issues reported/experienced and the fact they have been left ignored.

Call handler raised a ticket for low speed as there was no option suitable for what I have been reporting. He added extensive notes explaining the issues and my contact mobile number which I can be contacted on. I’ve not received any further communications regarding this matter.

Im not jumping through anymore hoops with regards to Wi-Fi etc. You state that you can see my modem logs and comment on your findings. This is clearly not correct. I’m not using a PN Hub.

If you could arrange for that call back to me I would be much appreciated.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @sgreener My last two responses were more aimed at @Mikewoodward Sorry for the issues you're experiencing with your service. I'd recommend starting a new topic about this Here as those issues don't seem related to this thread.

On this occasion feel free to tag me in the topic and I'll be happy to pick it up.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sgreener
Grafter

I’ve been involved in this thread from the start. I’ve certainly not hijacked it. Why does someone not just pick it and deal with it?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm not implying you have hijacked this thread. I'm simply conscious that a lot of people are going to get notifications and possibly email notifications for every reply regarding this when it likely doesn't relate to their issue.

In addition it's easier to co-ordinate and help out it if you have your own thread. Remember, there can be problems with the same symptoms but have different causes and I'm just not confident that your issue is what @Yorkshirelion reported.

I've however tested your line today and the tests aren't showing any issues with your service. You've mentioned your devices are connecting wirelessly, can you try a direct ethernet connection to narrow down where the issue may lie?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mikewoodward
Dabbler

Hi. I just wanted to update my situation. Since the online reset two weeks ago, I have been getting constant full speed with no problems. Excellent service. I just wanted to congratulate Plusnet for your amazing customer service, especially at this time of crisis. Thank you so much. Keep safe. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the post back and kind words @Mikewoodward 

Glad to see your speeds are back to normal have been stable. Cheesy Thumbs_Up

No problem at all, let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with and stay safe too.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Yorkshirelion
Rising Star

This issue has started up again for me, certain videos are again loading slow on YouTube and then the connection speed is low in the stats, others are fine. Also the ads are slow to load which is annoying in of itself. Anyone else noticed this over the last couple of days?

robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

I did notice this yesterday yes, on my phone and PC it was doing it. Takes a few mins to connect and the ads too.
sgreener
Grafter

Every now and again a have this problem. It can be so severe it becomes unbearable. I’ve also been experiencing these issues past couple of days. 

I have tried everything to sort it out and let PN know what’s happening but no luck. I can’t get them to acknowledge my communications. The odd occasion I have spoken to someone about this I was told there are no issues currently and no one else has reported such problems. Terrible customer service. The last time I reported it by telephone and left a mobile number for a call back but nothing. When I got home I had message on landline from them saying no issues currently and if continues to call back. That’s a brilliant was to sweep one customer under the carpet. I been reporting this and calling back multiple times.

Thats the finish. When contract up I’m gone. Been a long time customer. Destroyed my online gaming career of 20+ years. I’m a long-standing moderator on one of the biggest gaming forums. The issues we are having are at times widespread and is not always limited to online streaming services. Those who have queried on the forum report lack of communication from PN, complain about poor customer service with staff doing utmost best to obstruct customers reporting faults. Last time I looked there’s a 80 page tread on the subject. 

You are not alone my fiend. Hope this helps. BT do some good deals, watch out for them. 

Yorkshirelion
Rising Star

It’s would seem that when you get the videos that take a age to start and then begin, you aren’t connected to a CDN containing that video. I’m unsure what causes this issue to come back, I have been fine for a while but notice it again now.