cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffering, connection loss etc....fed up !!

sworth

Buffering, connection loss etc....fed up !!

Hi I'm now a few weeks into my first ever fibre broadband connection with you and sadly things aren't going too well. I'm getting lots of buffering when watching TV programmes on my laptop or via my freeview box, and even watching facebook footage on my phone (all of these gadgets are less than 2 years old so its not likely that its a fault with them), theres is often pausing in connection or sometimes I just fail to connect to the internet full stop even when I'm doing simple things like sending an email, I've checked the speed using various sites and they all say its upwards of 27 mbps so I'm not sure what the issues are, could there be a physical fault with the phone socket or cabling ?

5 REPLIES 5
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Buffering, connection loss etc....fed up !!

Are you connecting your devices using an Ethernet cable or via Wireless?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

As MauriceC asks, checking on wired or wireless would be good to know. Along with whether anything else is using the connection while you're trying to stream.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
sworth

Using WiFi
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

WIFI is not reliable Sad  too many variables involved can you try a test Wired ?

or try changing wifi channels

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
sworth

I guess I just feel aggrieved at having to use a cable! I'll get someone more in the know to check my WiFi settings, thanks for your advice