Did you mean: 

Browsing Problems

MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Browsing Problems

Hi

Yes, it does help a bit.

Incognito mode stops all plugins, so if it works there there is probably something installed that is blocking.

Can you go to chrome://extensions/ and take a screen shot of all that is in there please and send it here (or PM it to me if you dont want to share all your plugins here!)

I can look at that and we can see if any need disabling, failing that removing them few at a time till we find the offender should work, then when we know that can apply the same to IE.

woodhamvillage
Dabbler

Hi,

There's only one extension and its the McAfee WebAdvisor Version 5.0.331.0. I disabled it and was able to get to Merki from Chrome and could not get there (via Google Ad Services) from IE. Solved I thought, McAfee is the culprit, until I tried turning it back on again in Chrome and then I could get to Meraki from both Chrome and IE!!

I suspect that it is McAfee being over zealous and that perhaps the reason it works sometimes is that the pages are actually cached? Not sure how to fix it permanently other than to turn McAfee Site Advisor off.

MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Im not 100% what interactions the plugins for ie and chrome have, they both talk to the mcafee app so maybe resetting in one place forced something to rest on both, seems a bit strange, but maybe see how it goes.

in IE you can go to Manage Addd-ons and you will see what you have there, could try disabling in there if it stops working again too.

There may be some weird issue where mcafee blocked an add that was actually infected and so its jsut blocked the whole donam the add was on, just happen to be a google add and so was blocking and when you disabledd and re-renabled it cleared what it was blocking.

I wouldn't turn site advisor off just yet permanently, see if it gets screwed again first, i run it and not had any issues with it on the whole.

woodhamvillage
Dabbler

For those of you who have read to the bottom of these posts and to those who have made suggestions, I wanted to let you know that I eventually sorted out the problem. I rang PlusNet support and told them what was going on and they volunteered to swap out the old equipment (which was probably 4 years old) and replace it with a new router/hub.

Everything has been working fine since the hardware was replaced!