cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband unusable

ndivani11

Broadband unusable

Over the last few days my broadband speed have decreased dramatically, and now its got the point where everything times out when I try to connect. 

Both wired and wireless connections appear stable, but any attempt to use an internet service feel like 90% packets are being dropped. 

I have tried restarting the router a number of times and it is connected to the master socket. 

2 REPLIES 2
ndivani11

Re: Broadband unusable

I'm in herne bay, Kent. I've seen other people are having issues with BT internet, could this be affecting me too?
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Broadband unusable

Hi @nvidani11, I'm sorry to hear you've had connection issues as of recent. I can see after looking over your account that there were several drops occurring the day you initially raised this issue to us however that problem looks to have been resolved on Tuesday afternoon as shown by the graph below:

Although I can't 100% confirm, if you're aware of others having issues over the same period as you then it very well could have been an area outage/disruptions.

I can see when testing your account from this side, whether this is a result of the dropping connection issue or not that the automated line management looks to have put a speed banding on your line to 16.5Mbps. As your low end estimates are 25Mbps then this banding although it may have been placed on to help with he drops shouldn't be on there. In which case, I've requested our suppliers remove this banding which should take place in the next 48 - 72 working hours for you. If you're still seeing speed or performance issues come Thursday then please do let us know and we'll happily investigate further for you.