Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband time outs

FIXED
sylad2001
Hooked

Broadband time outs

Hi since around August when i was told my fiber speeds was going to be changed from 38mb/s download to 52 mb/s & 20mbs download to 10 mb/s i am getting time outs when i connect to random website. it is also happerning to 1 of my email in Windows live mail.

I checked my speed & all seems fine .

my computer is coneccted with ethernet cable to my plusnet Technicolor 582n

I have enen changed my pc & a fresh install of windows 10.

I  now run windows 10 pro 32 bit.

Browser Firefox.

I have to click many times to load page & sometime it ill never load.

Any ideas Plusnet team ?

My contract has run out with plusnet so can switch anytime i want to another provider.

Should also say i have changed ethernet cable to pc

7 REPLIES 7
sylad2001
Hooked

Re: Broadband time outs

Another note to add is im running SUPERAntiSpyware Professional & Kaspersky Internet Security 17.

I have alway run both of these before when was getting not time-outs

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We're not seeing many disconnects on your line:

Do you get errors when the page doesn't load? How does the problem show with your email?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
sylad2001
Hooked

it just shows tim out screen when not load internet page.& tells me unable to connect on email

MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Fix

There have been some problems with Windows 10 recently where Windows forgets it IP, doesnt sound quite like the problem you are having, but  to try to fix do you know how to go to your IP address settings and set your DNS to be 8.8.8.8 which points you at googles DNS. That has fixed the problems for other people in the past.

The other that has hit some people is adblockers, sometimes you go to a page (e.g. from a google search) and to get to the page you want it goes via an addtracker that gets blocked and does not work, but just looks like a page timeout. 

Have you tried turning your AV off when it stops working, event if just for 5 minutes?

sylad2001
Hooked

It does time out more from after i search on google & click a link .

Will try to check with SUPERAntiSpyware Professional & Kaspersky Internet Security 17 turned off

MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Does this link timeout?

https://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwiVm_2FrIPRAhXuENMKHRAVBEQYABAA&sig=AOD64_0YguG0ro-qNCZH...

Its a search on google for chocolate and its the first add sponsored link, be interesting to know if it works or not.

sylad2001
Hooked

I have done the DNS 8.8.8.8  & so far nothing timed out not even your link.

for others reading i have put link on how to change DNS

https://uno.help/knowledge-base/article/how-to-change-dns-on-a-technicolor-tg582n