cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed

mcpj

Broadband speed

An engineer came to check our phone line last Monday. He said that due to restrictions in place he was unable to enter our property. I told him that our broadband download speed was under 12 meg, but my neighbour also on Plusnet was getting 24 meg, He went away and came back later and said that he had increased the speed to about 26 meg, but would expect it to drop slightly later. He also reiterated the fact that he was unable to enter our property to fix a line fault. I have checked the download speed for the past 2 days and it has gone back to 11 meg, back where we started. I've tried ringing Plusnet today but they are not accepting calls, and suggest I try this forum. 

3 REPLIES 3
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Broadband speed

Hi @mcpj,

I'm sorry to hear that the engineer was unable to resolve the speed issue.  Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in speed faults being fixed. Also, as you've mentioned, engineers are currently unable to enter customers' properties due to COVID-19. Your fault ticket is open with our faults team and they'll be in touch as soon as we have an update.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
slimes66

Hi 

Last Wednesday (22/04/20) I upgraded my package from the 30mbps (min guaranteed speed) to 70mbps min speed package and paid the extra for this. I was told to wait 48hrs for this to take effect but nothing has changed 5 days later. As I am now paying more the upgraded package can you explain the delay please?