cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed

docsubaru
Hooked

Broadband speed

Been with Plusnet for 2 years & fibre was running at 27-28 download which is near maximum for my line. One month ago dropped to 20. Spoke with support who said ongoing work to fix a fault in exchange. No improvement & rang support again today. Tests show no fault but Plusnet show line profile set to 23 when previously set to 29. As this is just at minimum guaranteed speed there is "nothing they can do" and will not reset line profile back to the previous higher speed profile it had for last 18 months. My contract is ending soon. Can the profile but set back to what it was? Advice gratefully received

3 REPLIES 3
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Broadband speed

An engineer may or may not be able to improve things for you in terms of download. I note your upload is outside of the clean range though so we can get that looked at.. If you've done the suggests we've made to you (master socket etc), then visit faults.plus.net and raise a fault online. Once it's done, let us know and I can raise it further. You'll need to agree regarding possible charges to the engineer during this process, this and the above done, we'll get someone to look at the line for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
docsubaru
Hooked

I have raised a fault as requested

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @docsubaru 

I have updated this ticket on your account in order to progress this issue. 

Please reply to it with the information requested and then give us a shout on here. 

Thanks