Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed

FIXED
red2devil
Fixes: 1

Broadband speed

I recently signed up for unlimited fibre whose minimum download speed guarantee is over 30. I got this for the first week but my speed is now between 5 and 7 consistently. Very difficult to try and contact anyone to address this - any suggestions on how to contact plusnet about this

5 REPLIES 5
red2devil
Fixes: 1

Re: Broadband speed

Fix

Less than 2 minutes after posting my message my speed went up to 32 which I presume is a result of my post. Could this be kept at a more or less consistent level as I need 15 - 20 to work

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Nothing to do with your post, just a coincidence. Plusnet support are not known to fix anything quickly.😃

EdWeasley
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Hi @red2devil,

Thank you for taking your time to get in touch.

I am very sorry that you are having a problem with our service. Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net.

Kind regards,

Josh

Josh Berriman
 Plusnet Help Team
gjmacdonald

My Broadband speed is hopeless, get nowhere near the advertised speed and is only ever maximum just below the guaranteed speed.  It is impossible to work remotely like this, see attached speed test 😫

How can this be sorted.

Thanks

Graeme

Bobbymax42
Hooked

My speeds are also falling off a cliff from mid-afternoon onwards.

I've upgraded to Unlimited Fibre Extra to help working from home but the service is as bad as its ever been (see attached BT Speedtest results). 

Why guarantee minimum download speeds if you can't meet them?