Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed stuck below 30 Mbps

maborajkumar
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Broadband speed stuck below 30 Mbps

I am on the Fibre extra plan but my speed has decreased gradually.as I used to get 50+ Mbps but now my speed never rises above 30. Can somebody look into this please?

Here is my line speed : Estimated line speed:66Mb (This may vary between 46Mb and 66Mb) - Checked on 2018-03-03 15:31:06

Current line speed:29 Mb

8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Broadband speed stuck below 30 Mbps

What does this say you should be getting: https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/?

Have you done a quiet line test? Take the front off your BT Master Socket (you may need to remove two screws) to expose the Test Socket. Plug a wired phone in to the Test Socket, ring 17070 then select option 2. If there is noise on the line you need to report a phone fault.

Plug your filter into the Test Socket, connect this to your modem/router and with an Ethernet cable between the router and a computer do a speed test using this: http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/. If it is running slow then continue to the Further Diagnostics page. The results you get on this page will be recorded such they are visible to Plusnet.

Report the results back here and no doubt further advice will be forthcoming.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

maborajkumar
Dabbler

All the result screenshots have been attached have a look for yourself. For the quiet line test there was no noise so i don't think i need to report a phone fault.

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

Not good.

I would run through the checks at https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/ and then report a fault at https://www.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults

It takes a bit of your time but formally makes Plusnet aware of your problem, they have look at it, and gets the problem into the queue for action.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Something odd showing in the BT Wholesale test reporting your profile at 27.76 which is lower than the impacted rate on the DSL checker?

This needs PN support (limited availability over the weekend and current weather) to look at it .  Meanwhile carrying out the checks given above by @BrightonRock  will provide the data for PN to review.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

maborajkumar
Dabbler

I have done all the checks suggested and there has been no change of any sort.

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

Did you carry on to reporting the fault? The checks are largely there to make sure that the automated test only identifies problems that are outside of your house wiring and which Plusnet regard as a fault, rather than themselves correcting the fault.

maborajkumar
Dabbler

Yes, i have reported the fault.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your speeds.

Our tests are showing a external fault on the line so we've raised that for you.

We'll update you as soon as we know more.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team