cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed slowdown.

Cj1970

Broadband speed slowdown.

Hi. When I joined plusnet last year the broadband speed to the router was between 32-36 mbs. But for the last few months this has reduced to 20-26 mbs. These are the readings from the router itself. I’m paying for 36mbs with speeds meant to be no slower than 30.
8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Broadband speed slowdown.

@Cj1970 Welcome to the forums. Hopefully, one of the PN Help Team will pick this up - probably tomorrow, but if you provide the details requested below, maybe other Community members can offer suggestions.

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites, as screenshots:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (ethernet) connection, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS', and sight of the HELP DESK tab from your Hub would be a start.

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

John
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Cj1970, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear that you have noticed a drop in your speed over the last year and for the disruption this has caused. I'd like to do what I can to help with this.

I've tested your line today and this does show that your current sync speed is 23.8mb. The test hasn't highlighted what may have caused the drop and no faults are being detected on the tests.

I have logged a fault on your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=222839088 , we may need to look at sending an engineer but I would first recommend getting set up in the test socket (https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242) and leaving it connected that way for a few days, to see if that makes any improvement.

Let us know how this goes and we can get this progressed for you Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Cj1970

I’ve had it running via the test socket and it comes back with the same speeds.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for getting back to me and confirming. I have added a further reply on your ticket for you.

If you add a reply, just give me a nudge on here and I can pick that up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Cj1970

I’ve added a reply on the ticket.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Cheers, I've just checked and can see a colleague has picked that up for us and made the booking. Give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with though.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Cj1970

I’ve left a reply on the ticket.
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Thanks for getting back to us @Cj1970, I appreciate it.

I can see that our faults team have sent you a replacement router, please can you let us know when you have received it and if there has been any improvement.

In the meantime I have changed your connection profile to try to increase the speed, please can you turn your router off and back on in an hour to see if that helps also. 

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team