Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed lower than advertised

Brucie-Magik
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Broadband speed lower than advertised

Hello. 

I wish to ascertain what on earth is going on with internet connections at the moment. Last week I was sitting around 60 download and the usual 20 for upload. this week I've had a nightmare with anything between 13mbps and 20mbps download speed. It starts getting a little bit annoying when I have to reset the router daily to try and see if the connection resets and the speed goes up to just find that it's at exactly the same speed. 

If it's more to do with the fact that the little estate area that I live in only has Openreach network infrastructure I can understand that. I can also understand that there is more than likely very high demand due to what's going on in the world and that's also understandable. But is there something that Plusnet can do to actually up the speed a bit cause it is getting rather annoying. 

considering I pay for Unlimited fibre extra and at the moment, this week, I am getting less than a third of that, it is leaving me a bit peeved to say the least.

also to make sure: 
- Speedtest done with PC direct wired to router

-Speedtest done with no other active devices on Wifi

- Speedtest also done as only application open on said PC

- Been using speedtest(dot)net to do all my tests to keep testing parameters consistent. 

This is also the most recent test I have done and I always set the server location to Leicester as it's geographically the nearest to me. 

any help is appreciated, I recognise it's a challenging time for the company and everyone all around, but if there is some kind of explanation for why this is happening I'll be happy in just knowing why. 

Many thanks speedtest.JPG

1 REPLY 1
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Broadband speed lower than advertised

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team