cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed low since around week 2 of joining

Daniellelarge15

Broadband speed low since around week 2 of joining

So I've been with plusnet a few months at first was great getting 70mbps now I'm barely getting 5 mbps I've emailed and all I keep getting back is do the broadband check yet everything I try that it can't even connect to my Internet just says connection error I have tried chat and never get through same as phoning I'm paying for the highest fibre yet I'm not even getting the lowest can't stream any thing and WiFi just constantly drops out I've tried everything online that is says to do still no better
9 REPLIES 9
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Broadband speed low since around week 2 of joining

Hello @Daniellelarge15

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your broadband. I'm testing your line and I'm not finding an issue with the speed.

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 80.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps

The connection from your exchange to your router is also pretty stable:

The issue appears to be indeed related to your wireless connectivity. Can you try running through the checks here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/getting-the-best-wifi-signal/

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Daniellelarge15

It is through a wire into my now tv box and still only running most of the time at 5mbps I've changed the wire 3 times and also put it into different ports and still no change
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for getting back to us,

Hmm. Would you be able to test your speed at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com completing the further diagnostics and if it's still slow, raise a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net to get this looked into by our faults team.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Daniellelarge15

This is my box and it is connected to Internet through a wire into the router
Daniellelarge15

And this is the speed I get most of time pic taken today at 2 o'clock defiantly not getting 80 download what so ever
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

We'll need to investigate this, but as we're seeing a sync speed of 80 Mbps you'll need to complete the BT wholesale further diagnostics and raise a fault to us.

Daniellelarge15

This is the speed test you asked me to do
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks. Once you complete the further diagnostics, this result will be logged on to the BT wholesale servers. Then I'd advise raising a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net and our faults team will investigate.

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Are you using the Now TV box to test with?

If so, are the test results you've posted also taken from the box itself?

Or are these results from either a PC/Laptop connected via Ethernet to your Router?

(only reason for posting is that from previous experience, although the 'puk' is/was a great way to stream content to the TV (I had one too), I wouldn't rely on it's speed test results)