cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed less than advertised minimum, help please?

jhitch7

Broadband speed less than advertised minimum, help please?

Hi there,

I did a few speed tests that showed our download speed is between 22.9 and 24.6 mbps (about 5pm today). The advertised minimum for our package is 30.9 mbps. I have gone through the suggested fixes but nothing helps. Also, our internet seems to get bad patches pretty frequently where we keep having to reset the router to get it to work.

Would it be possible for someone at Plusnet to check our line to see if this can be improved?

Thanks,

James

3 REPLIES 3
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Broadband speed less than advertised minimum, help please?

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre Broadband.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Hi @jhitch7 More information required to give any help. Have you checked the speed at btwholesale, are you testing on wifi, speed will always be lower than the advertised speed. Again is the internet patchy on wifi if so which one 2.4 or 5Ghz, what router are you using and if PN what software.

egg1000
Dabbler

I'm pretty sure the guaranteed minimum is for what your router is connected to the service at. You can check this by logging into your advanced settings of your router and seeing what it's connected to Plusnet at 192.168.1.254 back of your router will have the login details.

Advanced settings>Broadband>Connection look for Downstream. 

For a 30mb service, those are relatively good speeds. 

I know, it's stupid, it's like memory cards rated at 150mbps, you'll do well to get 35mbps from them! False advertising all round.