cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed issue (BT waiting for reply)

ultra
Hooked

Broadband speed issue (BT waiting for reply)

Good Morning Plusnet,

Your phone system pointed me to this forum in reference to speaking to someone.

Following on from my speed issue I spoke to BT yesterday evening in connection with the copper line issue with reference to the engineer visit today.

The gentleman I spoke to did a lot of testing and was very confused as to why Plusnet was requesting a Copper Line Openreach engineer.

BT confirmed the engineer which will be needed is a Broadband Openreach engineer. I advised BT that you tried to complete a DLM reset which you advised me had failed.

BT then advised if you could not reset the DLM they are confused as to why you got me calling them in the first place. From what BT was saying your faults team should of raised a request for a Broadband Openreach Engineer to fix the DLM fault in the first step towards fixing the issue.

The gentleman at BT didn’t want to continue with deploying the Cooper line engineer as they were concerned it would end up with me being charged for the call out. They were under agreement you should of requested a Broadband Engineer to fix the DLM issue first and also make sure the DLM for my line was set to 20 / 80.

BT also advised as my line is syncing dead on 60mbit that’s a clear indication that 1 of 2 things that could of happened.

1 - When the engineer a couple of months ago replaced the Fibre port due to the lightning strike somehow my line speed was hard set to 60mbit by accident.

2 - The DLM is having issues and needs an engineer to visit the green cabinet to resolve

BT still has my fault request active. If you are adamant a copper line engineer is still required, they will get one out for me.

Kind regards,

1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Broadband speed issue (BT waiting for reply)

Sorry to see this, I've checked your account and it looks like we did report a broadband fault so it's likely this has happened due to an issue on our supplier's side of things. I've checked your account and can see that another visit has been booked to take place today. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with though.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team