cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed is ricioulously slow - it feels like I am being ripped off.

tbucklandbrown

Broadband speed is ricioulously slow - it feels like I am being ripped off.

I did post to the Plusnet twitter address as instructed, but I have received no response. I have been having trouble with my internet speed for a while now, when playing 4K videos. I have tried to ignore it, but recently I decided to run speed tests consistently. My download only ever comes out at around 8mbps which confused me, because I am sure that I paid for unlimited fibre. Checked my dashboard and as follows:

• Product: Unlimited Fibre
  • Estimated Download Range: 38 - 40Mbps
  • Estimated Upload Range: 8 - 10Mbps
  • Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 30.9Mbps
  • Current Line Speed (Download): 8.4Mbps

This is really frustrating. How am I only getting around 8mbps when I pay to have 38-40mbps. I pay a lot for my internet per month and it just feels like I am being ripped off. Would someone be able to check what the issue is with my speed please?

4 REPLIES 4
cOmp
Rising Star

Re: Broadband speed is ricioulously slow - it feels like I am being ripped off.

Hi,
Just open a fault ticket however Plusnet are very slow at picking up these so I'd suggest you give them a call around 8am in the morning on 0845 140 0200 otherwise if you call at other times you will be on hold for about an hour. That is how bad and poor customer service is at Plusnet.
Yorkshire and Proud. Embarrassed to be with Plusnet.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@tbucklandbrown  I would suggest using 0800 432 0200 to call them if you decide to do so. You will be charged if you use the 0845 number.🙄

cOmp
Rising Star

Yes of course use the number that's most cost effective.

Please do let us know how you get on as it will help others whom are in the same situation and for also for future reference.
Yorkshire and Proud. Embarrassed to be with Plusnet.
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Plusnet don’t have an 0845 support number. I believe you’re thinking of 0345 140 0200 you’d call from abroad. Otherwise the number is 0800 432 0200