cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed extremely slow

Pangmads

Broadband speed extremely slow

Is there a nationwide issue with extremely slow broadband speeds at the moment? My WiFi router has always been dire but even with the Ethernet cable I can’t stream anything and the speed tests for the last week havnt been higher than 2-3?
10 REPLIES 10
ebie3164

Re: Broadband speed extremely slow

Hey!
I've had exactly the same issue. My broadband speeds have been awful. I'm currently getting about 5mbps downloads and 500kbps upload. My sons unable to game online as the point is insane. With what's going and the kids home, I need this to be resolved. I've done speed tests regularly over the last few days. And it's painful! I've only been with Plusnet for just over a month and I've never received anywhere close to the guaranteed speeds I've been promised. Ideally I'm looking to leave and go back to BT. I hope this gets resolved soon.
Pangmads

It’s the worst mistake I made joining them, we have had dreadful speeds and service for over a year now, I cannot wait for the contract to be up in November.
Welshsteve
Grafter

Mine has been fine until earlier in the week when I started getting intermittent drops. Today I've had no Internet at all. None of the troubleshooting tips work and I think there is a problem with my line. Unable to report it because customer services are not taking phone calls at all at the moment which I find absolutely disgraceful.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Pangmads,

I'm sorry you've been having trouble with your service and getting in touch with us. On testing your service this afternoon it appears there is an external fault present on your phone line. I've raised this to our suppliers for resolution, you can find all updates here.

@ebie3164,

Thanks for reaching out to us here and sorry to hear you are having trouble with your speeds and I apologise for the frustration caused. I've tested the service and provided a more detailed response for you here. Give us a nudge once you've responded and we can go from there.

@Welshsteve,

I can see you've now raised a fault and our teams are working through this for you here.

Welshsteve
Grafter

@Mads
Yes thank you. The engineer came this morning and it has now been resolved. Somebody (presumably another OpenReach engineer) had disconnected us from the exchange box on the main road. 😳
Vectisian
Hooked

My speed has dropped from 24.5 when I joined 18 months ago to under 8 now. Further, my connection has become intermittent and it drops regularly around 7:30 or so most (but not every) evenings. Can anything be done to improve the connection and to return to the speeds I was originally obtaining, please?

kevharris2000

I'm also having the same problem.  Please can this issue be fixed?

ebie3164

Hi,

I've looked at all the reports and I have provided updates. However I still haven't heard anything back for 3 days. This isn't getting resolved or so it seems! Can I please have my contract terminated due to not receiving anywhere close to the guaranteed!
Pangmads

Hi plusnet team, thank you for being so responsive in this community! I have now had the phone line issues solved by openreach but they say that the it now needs to be reset on your side. Are you able to do this for me? Apparently our speeds won’t improve without that reset. Thanks so much
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @Pangmads, this is already with the Faults Team. You can view and update here.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team