cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed drop on Fibre extra contract upgrade.

thekrzr

Broadband speed drop on Fibre extra contract upgrade.

Good day Plusnet,

I have recently change contract to Fibre extra on the guarantee that i would be getting faster speeds to the 55/10 that I was getting on the standard package I was on.  I have checked the line speed available to me and I am able to get 74/20.

My speed I am now getting is 45/15!!

What gives Plusnet, I changed to the so called Fibre Extra contract and now get the minimum speed applied to my account, I only agreed to change to this contract as I was expecting to get faster speeds as per the deal stated on all media communications.

I find this a blatant lie with regards to the offer that is being presented to customers, I have dropped speed since signing up 3 weeks ago, I have reported the speed drop since week 1 and it hasn't changed, I want my minimum of 55 back which I was getting quite happily for the best part of 3 years.  I was getting this on the standard package, so why has it been reduced since I signed on to Extra which now means less not more.  

Can someone please advise/fix the issue please?

3 REPLIES 3
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Broadband speed drop on Fibre extra contract upgrade.

Hi @thekrzr

Thanks for highlighting this - I can see that one of our senior faults advisors has been investigating this for you and has taken personal ownership of this here. As per the updates he's provided, there's nothing further we can do to affect the download speed of your connection and the speed that you're currently in sync at (50.3mb/s as of the last KBD test on your fault ticket) is well within the estimates which were provided at the point where you upgraded your service (44mb/s-69mb/s).

Best wishes

Dave

thekrzr

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info.

My issue that is really annoying me at the moment is that that I was having faster speed before I changed my contract, there is no coincidence that when I changed contract to what is supposed to be a faster and speedier connection it isn't, it has been stymied to a sub standard service not promised in all documentation for Fibre extra "Do more online with super-fast broadband for all your internet usage" this is clearly false advertising in my current instance, as I am not getting the proposed estimated speeds of 66Mb promised in the advert.

I had 52Mb download which was stable for 3 years, I have been a Plusnet customer for at least 10 years.

Where is the loyalty to the customer for providing what is advertised on social media?

All I want is the speed promised to me for what my line can take?  My line speed has been categorised at 74Mb down, I would expect to get somewhere close to the 60Mb to be fair, I'm currently 20Mb short of that speed.

Would you not be angry if you were getting a similar service Dave?

I'm sure something can be done on my line to speed things back up to what I was getting before? 

Many thanks,

Chris

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @thekrzr

Thanks for coming back to me.

The estimate you were given at the point of upgrade wasn't 66mb/s, it was the range of 44-69mb/s which I've provided in my original response. To confirm, an estimate is not a promise and the average speeds quoted in our marketing material are not indicative of the speeds that you'll receive. The point you've raised about our advertising is a general statement with the specifics of your connection and expected speeds being provided at the point of upgrade, as I've confirmed in my previous response.

I appreciate that the speed drop is frustrating, but my colleagues have raised this for you and our suppliers have checked your line - if no faults are present and your speed is within the estimate for your line, we cannot progress this any further. Unfortunately, line speeds can change and there's no guarantee that they wouldn't have changed had you stayed on your previous package - your loyalty, though appreciated, has no bearing on your line speed.

If something could be done, we would engage our suppliers to do so - as I've alluded to above, our suppliers have already assessed your line and found no fault, therefore asking them to do this again would only produce the same results and would likely result in you being charged for the call out when no fault is found.

Best wishes

Dave