Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband signal keeps dropping.

FIXED
Mawdsc
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Re: Broadband signal keeps dropping.

Currently it is working fine but it seems to crash several times a week. When it does the router freezes and I have to pull the plug to clear it. I have my Sky Q  on an ethernet connection permanently 

Mawdsc
Dabbler

Just gone online to upgrade my package. and I am only being offered a 40mb package. Am I missing something?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @Mawdsc 

Odd, I can see an option in your account to upgrade your package to fibre extra. Are you going to the offers and upgrades tab? Upgrading though likely won't fix the connection issue you're having. 

If you turn off your extender does your WiFi signal improve (at least when you're closer to the router)?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mawdsc
Dabbler

Screenshot_20210922-104029_Speedcheck Pro.jpgHere are my speed test results. Working up fromthe 10.36 test. 1st test v slow, then repeated it improved. Unplugged a repeater I have, no change. Moved next to router up to 30.11mbps. Unplugged my extender up to 32mb

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Thanks for getting back to us @Mawdsc. When it comes to Wi-Fi, it's impossible for us to guarantee the speeds will always remain within the package estimates and they will fluctuate from time to time. Looking at the account I can't see anything that looks out of place, as @Gandalf also confirmed earlier, so at this stage I'd ask that you try connecting via Ethernet cable to see if any of the same speed fluctuations occur. You'd mentioned in the OP that you were using a passthrough extender to help improve the service around the property - just to clarify is this a Wi-Fi extension system or are these Powerline Adapters?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Mawdsc
Dabbler

Fix

Powerline extender upstairs and a wifi extender downstairs.

The erratic speed generally isn't an issue just the dropouts. If you can't see any issue it must be a wider open reach problem locally.

Have just upgraded my package so lets see how we go. Will come back if I have more problems

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Thanks for confirming that and no worries - we'll see how it goes. Just give us a shout if there are any issues and we'll be happy to help Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team