cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband service going live lies

Cyber96

Broadband service going live lies

I was told that my broadband would be going live on the 15th of October. It has now been pusbed back to the 9th of November. I was told that there wasn't any available engineers to go out a flip a switch. I've used Plusnet in the property before but got slammed by BT without Plusnet warning me, they pushed back that service going live also. The person on the phone about the service this time had no idea what she was talking about, saying it may be an issue with the line which is a lie because I've had the service before. And now saying somebody will ring me back on the 14th to see if they can move the date from the 9th.

I have family who work for BT and do the services in another area.
It is literally a simple switch but apparently that can take up to 6 weeks to do. Somebody isn't doing there jobs!

And I'm disgusted I'm being treated like this. I use internet for work and shopping, everyday needs. Plusnet is literally taking food out of my family's mouths because they can't do their job.
2 REPLIES 2
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Broadband service going live lies

Thanks for getting in touch @Cyber96 I'm sorry to see that your order is delayed. I believe we've picked up your messages over Twitter today and we've since been replying back to you.

In summary the existing provider of your line at your address had placed a cease order on the line to stop the active services on the 08/11/19 so our order with our suppliers has simply matched this. There isn't anything we can do to speed this up because the delay isn't at our side and we've no control over an order that another provider places I'm afraid.

Apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Broadband service going live lies

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre Broadband.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine