cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband service activation

Redbeard90

Broadband service activation

Received my router last week my switch on date wasn't until the 13th which was yesterday haven't had broadband in the house for nearly 3 weeks so you can imagine having a teenager not being able to play on his console anyway.. my switch on date was yesterday plugged my router in waited the time it was telling me as I received an email to say everything was good to go and if the light went blue it was connected. Plugged my router in waited for it to go blue, it went blue for a couple mins then straight to orange with a flashing red b sign. Waited until midnight just incase checked this morning and it's still the same. Iv waited long enough without broadband so to have this now is a joke especially moving from sky where the broadband was good just the billing was to high. Can someone tell me when my broadband router will actually connect 

6 REPLIES 6
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Broadband service activation

HI @Redbeard90, thanks for getting n touch and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you had issues with the service activating yesterday but I can confirm when checking your connection since posting earlier today it looks like your connection is now live. Is everything now up and running your side fine?

Redbeard90

It was up and running wouldn't say fine didn't have a stable connection. And now we have came home to a weekend away to find out we have 0 Internet service and could take 72 hours for someone to call and tell us what's going on. Possibly need an engineer so I would say in the first 20 days contract were on day 4 and I'm honestly thinking of going back to sky this is just hassle and I need broadband for work
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Redbeard90 

I'm really sorry to see you can't get online. I can see while you raised a fault ticket to us Here this morning you noted there's no dial tone on your home phone line. Can you confirm if this is still the case?

Also have you tried plugging the router into what's known as the test socket explained Here? That'll rule out any internal wiring from causing an issue. Let us know how it goes as we may need to arrange an engineer visit with you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Redbeard90

had an engineer out on Tuesday he couldn't find fault but managed to put us online again. Had a good signal all that day and yesterday today its went back down and cut off and now the orange light and red broadband light is still on and flashing I'm getting fed up of this now. Can't keep getting engineers out every two days
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Redbeard90, thanks for getting back to us and I'm sorry to hear the connection issues you're having look to be persisting. I've looked into and help progress the fault on your account that requires your attention and can be seen here:
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=216285376

If you could please read through the fault update on your account and should non of the advised steps look to help with the dropping connection then please do get back to us with the required information so we can look to progress this issue further for you. (You may need to be logged into the member center prior to clicking the link above in order to add a  comment.)
We look forwards to hearing from you further.