cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband router

mcvay69
Hooked

Broadband router

My WiFi signal keeps dropping & looses signal. sometimes when my devices ask me to enter WiFi password it keeps coming up incorrect password. I have to switch of router & reboot is my router faulty
16 REPLIES 16
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Broadband router

Hello @mcvay69,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your connection. We have located an external fault and raised this with our suppliers and our faults team will keep you updated via the ticket here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
mcvay69
Hooked

Hi I got an email saying Openreach have visited & carried out there work but we are still struggling to connect to WiFi can you arrange for a replacement hub to be sent out.
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @mcvay69,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still unable to get online. I can see that our suppliers have carried out some work on the line and have stated that they believe that this issue is now resolved. However, testing your line is still picking up the fault in the exchange so it appears that the work that has been done hasn't fully resolved this. As the fault is in the exchange, a new router won't resolve the problem.

I've raised this back to our suppliers for further investigation and our faults team will be in touch once we receive an update.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
mcvay69
Hooked

After Openreach visit today I now have no phone line or broadband service
mcvay69
Hooked

After Openreach visit yesterday we now have no phone line or broadband.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @mcvay69, it looks like the fault was assigned out to an engineer earlier today, though we don't yet have any further updates.

We should get an update from our suppliers later today.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
mcvay69
Hooked

I now have my phone line back up & running but still no broadband. The hub lights go from solid blue to flashing orange but still no WiFi. Even when I search for router it does not show in the available list. I have tried the reset button at the back but still no success.
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @mcvay69,

I'm sorry that your broadband connection did not come back once the landline fault had been resolved and for any inconvenience that this has caused you. I've checked your connection and it looks like everything should now be working for you. Please let us know if you are still experiencing any connection problems.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
mcvay69
Hooked

My WiFi signal keeps dropping & looses signal. sometimes when my devices ask me to enter WiFi password it keeps coming up incorrect password. I have to switch of router & reboot.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @mcvay69, testing the phone line this morning shows another external fault is being detected. I've raised this to our suppliers for you, I'm really sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you.

I have updated the fault ticket here.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
mcvay69
Hooked

Getting really fed up with Plusnet that’s more than a month & still not sorted never had these issues with my previous provider. How do I terminate my contract
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @mcvay69,

I can appreciate why you feel this way and I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this is causing you, however, the phone fault is external on the Openreach network meaning if you did move providers you'd more than likely still have this fault present. That been said if you do wish to move providers, you'd need to sign up with them (providing they're on the Openreach network) they'll handle the take-over. Early termination & call charges would apply if you are still in contract.

We'll update you here once we have further info on the fault.

Thanks.

mcvay69
Hooked

Hi I am still getting unacceptable WiFi speeds from this router. Please advise my contract conditions as speed terms are not being met
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @mcvay69

The minimum guaranteed speed for your account is 55mb/s and your line is currently in sync at 55.1mb/s, so very much on the cusp of that threshold.

Please plug your router into the test socket of your premises as shown here and then perform a speed test via a wired device. If you get a speed of less than 55mb/s I'd recommend raising a new fault here so that we can ask our suppliers to investigate this for you.

Best wishes

Dave