cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband router keeps going down

smnmrk
Hooked

Broadband router keeps going down

My router keeps going down - it started occurring very occasionally a few months back but has become more frequent. Basically it seems to suddenly disconnect, with the light cycling between flashing orange with the broadband light off, or solid orange with the broadband light flashing. I've tried following the instructions, rebooting the router, or unplugging it, checking connection, etc. Sometimes rebooting it makes it start working again within a few minutes, other times it can take upwards of half an hour to get going again. This seems to be happening especially at night-time, but in recent weeks it's been occurring more frequently, especially during the day when, like most people at the moment, it's fairly crucial for me to be able to work.

Any ideas what's going on?

2 REPLIES 2
flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

Re: Broadband router keeps going down

The router is resyncing due to too much noise on the line. It will try and reduce the line speed to cope with the noise better.

Try testing the router directly in the master socket with any extension wiring removed. Try changing the microfilter if fitted. Also try dialing 17070 and do a quiet line test with a corded phone and listen for noises and crackles - it may be you have a line fault.
LauraHH

Re: Broadband router keeps going down

Having the same issue since around 5pm today.