cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband performing poorly!

nathan360
Hooked

Broadband performing poorly!

Hi, I'm on online gamer, and the household barely uses much bandwidth at all. Mostly 3 devices connected at a time. My broadband is slow at times, ping is an absolute joke. I mean I'm getting upwards of 100 ping to a close server sometimes. My internet is 50/50 it has it's good days and when it's good it's good. But when it's like it is today I can hardly use the thing. I'm writing on here as I phoned and was promised by that the support team will monitor my line and resolve my issue. They phoned after a few days and said it was fine!

Im sick to the back teeth with plusnet. I'm paying without fail each month for a lass than adequate broadband service when I can take my business elsewhere. I already had problems when signing up and being charged twice. I just want my problem resolved. Maybe a new router or engineer visit who knows I would just like someone to please sort this out for me, thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
nathan360
Hooked

Re: Broadband performing poorly!

FYI, when I phoned I reset the router and the chap on the phone said that it was taking to many attempts to connect! So hopefully this helps!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Broadband performing poorly!

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing connection problems.

Whilst we can see your connection dropping frequently, line tests aren't finding the cause of the problem. I'd recommend running through the steps here to rule out any issues with your internal wiring.

If that doesn't improve things, please reply to the ticket here so we can arrange an engineer visit.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet