cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband or Phone... But not both!?

elrao
Dabbler

Broadband or Phone... But not both!?

Having spent months last year to get a faulty line switched to improve my broadband speed to ~60mb (based on distance from the exchange this was still considered low...), I'm now back battling with PN and BT.

Recently the new line became faulty. Speed dropped to 50mb, but the phone was unusable, overwhelming static. Engineer found an external fault and fixed it, but said the cable needed replacing.

Day later the fault returned, two more engineer visits and BT did another external repair. My phone now works but my broadband is down at 25mb! My guess is they've switched my line again and messed something up somewhere but nobody can tell me what they did.

Been over a week since I reported this and nothing. Looks like I'm stuck choosing between a phone line or fast broadband, just a shame I've been paying for both and getting one!
3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Broadband or Phone... But not both!?

Sorry to hear that.

I'll get this picked up for you shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
elrao
Dabbler

I've still not been contacted about this
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Apologies for the issues you've been having and for the lack of updates.

I've reviewed your fault and this is currently with Openreach and has been assigned to an engineer to investigate this afternoon. We should therefore have a more substantive update on this tomorrow.

I'm just updating the fault ticket(s) with this information too.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.