cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband keeps dropping

essexgirl1980

Broadband keeps dropping

Hi, can someone help please...for the past few days, our broadband has dropped, the router goes orange and then a couple of minutes later it is back. This has occurred today about 10 times as I have been home all day. I have reset the router, checked the micro filter etc. but nothing seems to make any difference. There is no noise on the phone line and we can make calls but there is a constant beeping as if there is a message when there isn’t. I don’t know if this is relevant but we have had this beeping issue with the phone line since joining plusnet (came from Sky where we never had any issues like this).

any help will be appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Broadband keeps dropping

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch - I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing connection issues with your broadband.

I can see from your account that you've reconnected now and that the connection has been stable overnight. If the drops reoccur, could you run through the troubleshooting steps here and let us know how you get on?

Best wishes,

Dave

essexgirl1980

Hi Dave, thanks for the advice. It has still been dropping but appears to happen when we use the phone. This makes me think it is a problem with the micro filter. I do not have another one. Is this something that you could send to me please?

thanks

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi there,

Thank you for letting us know that the connection seems to drop when your phone is in use. I agree that it would be worth trying a different microfilter as the next port of call. I've ordered one for you now and it will arrive within 3-5 working days.

Please let us know if this issue persists once you have the new microfilter.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
essexgirl1980

Hi Emily, I actually obtained a new micro filter and just swapped it with the old one. Unfortunately, the problem still occurs when using the phone. Funnily enough, as I am typing this, the router is flashing orange again, and the phone isn’t even in use. Could it be a problem with the router itself?

N7ck
Grafter

Have a look in your routers settings for the Stats page, then find your SNR (Signal To Noise Ratio).

It should be about 6. Your connection will drop when it is too low.

essexgirl1980

Hi, just checked, it says 3.8 / 5.4. Any ideas how to change this?
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @essexgirl1980 - thanks for coming back to us.

I can see that the disconnects have continued to occur over the last few days. With this in mind, I'd recommend that you raise a fault here and we'll get this progressed for you.

Best wishes,

Dave