cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband keeps dropping out

bandauk

Broadband keeps dropping out

Hi

Multiple times a day (at least once an hour) my broadband drops out and can take 10 minutes+ to come back, which is a problem when I am working from home and require it.

This has been happening for the last week ever since BT Openreach have been carrying out work across the village, and on the pole that my phone line is connected to.

I have tried all of the troubleshooting, resetting the router, trying fixed line, plugging the router into a different socket, and none have made any difference.  The phone has a dial tone, I have a Master Socket 5C on the main line and a Master socket 5C with a Mk4 split phone/data connection as the extension socket (fitted by BT last year).

I also carried out a speed test, and I accept that in the times when more people are at home, that the speeds may be lower, but I am currently getting 11mbps down, 2.4mbps up (my mobile 4G connection is better than that!).  I currently have 2 phones, 1 laptop and 1 tablet connected via wifi, which is pretty usual.

Can you do a line/speed and connectivity check on my accountto see if there are any faults with the line?

Thanks