cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband keeps dropping out for over a year now......

splosh

Broadband keeps dropping out for over a year now......

My Broadband with Plusnet is getting worse.  I have fibre over the BT overhead line to the house.

I have a static IP address for over a year now and the broadband drops out seemingly yo be over night.

I am using a Netgear Nighthawk modem / hub with the latest updates installed and no issues previously.

Some days the internet is fine for 2 or three days then the next morning when going to the computer there is no internet.

Have to re-boot the modem and then were up and running.  This is most annoying as I need to connect to home remotely most days and this is now very frustrating when i am abroad.

Plusnet, we have discussed this all previously on my account and now you really need to do something as this is appalling.

The BT engineer when we switched to fibre checked the whole house and fitted the latest box at the wall. I am pretty sure this fault is lying with yourselves. I am away until monday so please feel free to call me on my mobile to discuss. Plus I would like to see my dropout log since at least the beginning of May this year or even earlier.

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Broadband keeps dropping out for over a year now......

Sorry to hear you're experiencing connection problems.

Line tests aren't showing any issues but we can see your connection is relatively intermittent over the past year:

If you've done the usual troubleshooting steps like trying a different router, and also the test socket as explained Here to rule out any issues with your internal wiring, the faceplate of the master socket or the wiring behind the faceplate, then I'd recommend reporting a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net letting us know over here once you've completed it so we can pass this onto our suppliers and arrange an engineer visit for further investigation.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet