cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband issues since upgrading

estreitinho

Broadband issues since upgrading

Hello

I've decided to upgrade to Unlimited Fibre Extra earlier this year, but the broadband speed seems to actually be worse.

Every one of my devices (phone, laptop, TV) loses connection more often. And we see the connection crash overall more often too.

It feels very strange that this happens across every single device, so it must be the broadband itself.

Is this common? Are there any coverage issues i should be aware of? I'm based in the Dartford area, if that helps.

Thank you.

Rob

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: Broadband issues since upgrading

Hi @estreitinho
Could you please read dvoraks post and post back with the results of the tests?
https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Fibre-Speed-Faults/td-p/1270253
Regards
Richard
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Broadband issues since upgrading

Hi Rob,

I'm sorry for the issues you've had following upgrading your fibre service. I've had a look into this for you and the tests are showing a bridge tap which is generally a wiring issue and I suspect may be more prominent now that the line's trying to push more speed to you so your connection's falling over. 

I'd recommend plugging your router into the test socket explained Here making sure there's no extension cabling between your router and the telephone socket to rule out any issues with internal wiring.

If you're still having issues, please can you raise a fault ticket at faults.plus.net so we can arrange an engineer visit to investigate further? If you can post back afterwards we'll make sure that's picked up as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet