cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband hasn't been activated

MichaelS91

Broadband hasn't been activated

Hi, ordered broadband on the 22nd of may. This was due to be activated before midnight on Tuesday just gone. I was advised there was a fault and openreach were due to fix it.

Someone from openreach came yesterday and sorted the issue on the phone side but said he didn't have a job for the broadband.

I've tried contacting support but haven't heard anything.
2 REPLIES 2
Donna701

Re: Broadband hasn't been activated

Hi I’m having same problem. Was suppose to be live by midnight 8th so rang and was told was because of open exception. Then told by 10th midnight. I’ve been on the phone and now been told 19th and it’s not guaranteed. Anyone else had this? I can’t understand why it’s taken so long when they have 2 weeks to sort it when you first apply. Not happy at all, put complaint in but still considering cancelling.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Broadband hasn't been activated

Thanks for your posts and welcome to our Community Forums

I'm sorry for the delay with your orders

@MichaelS91 I can see you've messaged us via Twitter and one of my colleagues @LaurenB has taken ownership.

She'll monitor this personally and chase this up where needed with our suppliers until you're up and running.

@Donna701 From what I can see your phone line came across to us on the 7th June OK but your fibre order's stuck in the supplier systems which is preventing it from completing. As we've chased this up with our suppliers helpdesk on more than occasion, I've escalated this with Openreach now.

Due to the weekend we likely won't get an update before next week but as soon as we know more we'll let you know.

Really sorry for the downtime and the inconvenience.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet