Broadband going down and now back at pre-Infinity speed
Yesterday morning I came down to find the red flashing light on the PlusNet Router. First thing I tried was Sky TV as I think it used the phone line for EPG etc - all worked fine.
Swapped router to TP LINK Archer - same result red light for broadband
Left any further investigation until this evening.
Tonight went through (very good) Plusnet support videos -
1) Check Phone line - cannot do (apart from SKY) as we have no land line phone / devices.
2) Plugged routers into mains socket directly - done, no difference.
3) Fitted filter to broadbank connection to the BT Openreach socket (even though Plusnets own support video's states not required on the MK2 socket), no difference.
4) Unscrewed Openreach socket to get to test socket. Success - now get solid blue light on the test socket.
5) Screw everything back together and now plug back into the main broadband jack - bingo solid blue light.
6) Check 192.168.1.254 - tells me internet connected.
7) Run Which Broadband speed test - Ping is 120s, download speed is 5.6Mbps, upload speed is 3.4Mbps - basically super slow broadband.
Anyone have a clue as to why the broadband has come back but is now REALLY SLOW?
Any help or support would be appreciated.
Re: Broadband going down and now back at pre-Infinity speed
I'm sorry to hear that you had experienced these issues and I'm glad to hear that there has now been some improvement. As a matter of course, I'd tested your line this morning to see if we could find any issues and I have discovered an external phone fault, that's most likely the reason behind the issues experienced yesterday.
I've raised a ticket on your account regarding this in further detail, which can be viewed here.