cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband failed to activate 26/03/20

atkinsonda

Broadband failed to activate 26/03/20

Hello. I received an email notification today that my new landline and fibre broadband had gone live. The landline is fine but the broadband router hasn't connected yet. The power light is constantly orange and the broadband light is flashing red. I've tried to call for assistance but the call centre aren't taking calls at present. I'd appreciate any assistance. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
benrb7
Hooked

Re: Broadband failed to activate 26/03/20

Hi I am in exactly the same position and was just going to reply saying my broadband too isn't activated. I tried calling but not taking calls.

However in the time I've registered for these forums I got an email notification saying that my broadband is now connected low and behold fired up wireless and I'm connected.

I was on 50mb down with sky and 20mb up. I'm now seeing 30mb down and 10mb with this new connection. I'm hoping that the line will stabilize over the next 10 days and I will achieve a higher speed.

The reason I moved from sky was that last September I was getting 65mb down and 20mb and it's gradually been decreasing.

what a time to transfer with all this going on. I did get a separate email confirming my phone had gone live earlier and as I say I got a separate email saying that my broadband was live just now.
nativity1

same problem!! had all the emails saying your connected and my reuter is flashing red and on amber no calls are being answered.

but I don't even have a dial tone 

benrb7
Hooked

Have you updated your login on the router? It should be as below (what ever password you use to login on website):

Login name username@plusdsl.net
Password *********

Can get it by using this IP http://192.168.1.254/ then going to your connection details.

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

It may well be that Openreach hasn't done its work at the fibre cab, don't forget with the lockdown things will be delayed.

go here: https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/  and enter your phone number then scroll down it should state if the service is live or if there is still an open order and what the date for it is.