Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband drops out and orange light

Lard365
Hooked

Broadband drops out and orange light

Hi

I have been with Plusnet for a couple of months. All was fine at first but recently my broadband has been dropping out half a dozen times each day and the orange light on the router either flashes or stays solid. Usually if I leave it then it will reconnect and return to blue after 5 minutes or so. Only on a couple of occasions has the ‘b’ flashed also.

I am at a bit of a loss what to do to resolve this recurring problem. All suggestions gratefully received.
2 REPLIES 2
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Broadband drops out and orange light

An intermittent connection can be a pain, but if the light flashes that shows it's losing the physical connection to the exchange. So generally you'll want to go through the standard tests.

How is the phone line? Any noise or crackling there? Try dialling 17070 option 2 for a quiet line test. Noise there indicates a phone line fault, which you'd need to report to your phone provider-plusnet or whoever.

Second, move the connection to the test socket. You access this by removing the faceplate on your master socket and plugging the system into the socket behind-as it's intermittent you'll need to leave it there for a bit to see if it makes a difference.

Third if possible is try alternative hardware-switch the filter and if possible the router-though I'm aware not everyone has a spare router lying around!

Of course it'd also be worth getting hold of tech support to test the line too-possibly one of the staffers here may pick this up and do that for you but being a weekend it may be quicker to bite the bullet and wait in the call queue and get this done before you start disassembling things.
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Broadband drops out and orange light

Hello @Lard365,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing a problem with your connection. We have located an external fault and raised this with our suppliers. Our faults team will be back in touch with an update as soon as possible here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team