Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband drops every day or so at random times

James1o1o
Grafter

Broadband drops every day or so at random times

Hello

I posted about this issue back in March, it was never resolved however the issue become less annoying as it started to only happen every 4/5 days or so, so we just learned to live with the problem.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Broadband-drops-every-other-day/td-p/1524944

For the past month or two, the issue has started to return to happening every day. At a random time each day, sometimes twice, the internet will just completely drop, and not return for a good 4/5 minutes. This is incredibly annoying, especially when it happens in the evening. There is nothing to narrow down the time that these happen, it's completely random, however we have noticed that 9 times out of 10 it will happen in the evening/night. There is nothing on a timer in the house to be causing this, and like I said, the times are so erratic it's highly unlikely that would be the cause of the problem.

On Thursday last week, I put my router into the test socket to eliminate possibility of extension or faceplate problems, however the issue has continued.

We just really want this issue solved, as it has become really frustrating to deal with. Hopefully I can get some answers

5 REPLIES 5
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Broadband drops every day or so at random times

Hi @James1o1o 

Sorry to hear you are experiencing connection issues. 

I have looked at your connection logs and can see the drops you are referring to, here is a visual read out of your session logs;

Despite being able to see these drops, m testing is not isolating the cause of this, I'm afraid.

Can I please ask if any of these drops correlate with you rebooting/resetting your router?

I see you have already set up in your test socket,.are you still connected in this way or have you reverted to the previous set up? If you have, please can you relocate the router back to the test socket for us. 

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here 

If the problem still persists  please can you raise a fault here and let us know when you have done this. 

Thanks, 

MoR 

James1o1o
Grafter

The last drop on the Friday is me putting it in the test socket, it is still in there I haven't removed it. But that is the only time I have manually turned the router off, the rest are drops.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

This is the current connection logs from the last drop on the Friday which we know was the test socket placement. The drop on the Monday late afternoon was a profile exchange update. So currently that's one drop in 5 days that's occurred, but I can see from your original post that that appears to be consistent with the history of your connection where it remains and then drops after a few days. 

The issue you have is is that just how your line performs, that a drop will occur one every 4 or 5 days, some lines are just like that, but looking at your logs since March your connection has many times been on the cusp of being classed as an intermittent issue. It's up to you if you'd like to monitor further or we progress down a fault route advised my my colleague above. 

James1o1o
Grafter

This is something I would like to escalate to a fault. It has been happening since March as you can see from the logs, on a rare occasion it can stay up for 3-6 days, but the vast majority of the time, it's dropping every day or so. This is something we want to try get fixed.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I'm afraid only yourself can raise the fault as we can't do this for you.

You can do this by going here

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team