cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband dropping since switching to fibre

Janetstcatheri

Broadband dropping since switching to fibre

Since I upgraded from standard ADSL to Fibre I'm getting regular drops of the connection. Connection time reported by the router is usually hours rather than days.

Done the usual troubleshooting like replacing filters and plugging in directly to the master socket but still have issues.

Also noticed my land line dropping mid call at times.

Please could support check my line/connection over the last few weeks to see if anything is obviously wrong?

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Broadband dropping since switching to fibre

Hi @Janetstcatheri, thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're been having connection issues along with dropping call problems as of recent. I can see when looking over your connection from this side currently the drops in connection you've mentioned shown on the graph below which certainly hint something is out of place somewhere.

Our testing from this side, although it's bringing up a potential high resistance issue with the connection it isn't giving us a fault location where this problem is occurring. I'd advise then, before we look at progressing the issue further to an engineer appointment to run through a few internal checks your side tat will help rule a few things out your side that could be behind this.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here: http://goo.gl/p2tpvL

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Should the drops or dropping calls look to persist after trying the above test socket set-up then we can be sure the fault looks to be coming from the test socket itself or something external to the property all of which is covered by our suppliers. Should you see the issue persist after running through the above checks then please go ahead and get a fault raised at faults.plus.net

If you do get a fault raised then feel free to give us a nudge on here as we'll be happy to pick this up and progress the issue further for you.

I look forwards to hearing from you further.