Did you mean: 

Broadband dropping since re-contracting

FIXED
milesr3
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Broadband dropping since re-contracting

Hello,

I've been a Plusnet Customer forever with a rock solid, reliable service. However, since I re-contracted in December my Broadband connection has been dropping about once a week. I work from home and this can be quite inconvenient. Something must have changed...

I've attached my connection stats after re-starting my router.

Also something went amiss with my order to re-contract. I ended up paying for the old and new contract last month, which is being refunded this month. No big deal. However I did not receive the new router (hub) that I requested.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Broadband dropping since re-contracting

Hi @milesr3

I'm really sorry to see you're having connection issues and you haven't received your new router.

I've placed the order for the router now so you should get it within the next 3 to 5 working days. I've also tested your line today and the tests are showing a fault we'd need to arrange an engineer visit to resolve.

Could you reply to the ticket I've logged on your account Here with when you'll be available for a visit? If you can post back once you've responded, I'll make sure we book the engineer as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
milesr3
Dabbler

Many thanks. I've updated the ticket you linked - I'm available anytime Monday to Friday for an Engineer visit.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Fix

Hello @milesr3, thanks a lot for getting back to us, I can't seem to see your response on the ticket. Can you please update it here: ?

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
milesr3
Dabbler

Just wanted to update and close this thread.

BT Openreach visited yesterday and found a corroded crimp connector, where the cable enters the house. It was replaced and the connection speed immediately increased by 5Mbps. No disconnects so far.

The Hub Two also arrived and is an improvement over the Netgear DM200 VDSL Modem I was previously using. Thank you!

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): The fix has been changed to @adam945  as per message #2.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Cheers for the update @milesr3

I'm glad to see the engineer's got to the bottom of the issue for you and your speed's also increased.

If you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with, feel free to get back to me and I'll be happy to help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet