cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband dropping out on the hour

vespasportique

Broadband dropping out on the hour

Hi i currently have fibreplus and it drops out at quarter past the hour basically every hour much to the annoyance of my daughters who are constantly streaming or gameing ...i have tried all the self help videos and its not helping at all ...anyone any suggestions ...By the way this has been going on for months ....

5 REPLIES 5
notmyname
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Broadband dropping out on the hour

Are you using your own router?  Or a Plusnet supplied one?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

What do you mean by 'dropping out'? Is the router disconnecting from the exchange or are you talking about loss of wireless connectivity between the router and subject devices? How does it recover? How long does the 'drop out' last?

A bit more information would be helpful.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

vespasportique

Hi its a plus one plusnet router

vespasportique

Everything freezes on the streaming and gaming and wifi drops off full bars but no up or down signal usually lasts a couple of minutes,,,

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

The fact that it happens so regularly could be due to interference either internally or externally. You say that there is 'no up or down signal'. How are you detecting this? What is the light on the Hub One doing? If it's changing to orange or green then returning to blue then it's not an internal WiFi problem. Do you know of anything in the locality that switches at the same time as you lose connection?

If there are any PN staffers around they will be able to tell you if you are actually dropping the WAN connection but if you are to get to the bottom of it you need to connect the router to the test socket and use a wired ethernet connection to a computer to confirm that there is an external fault before going any further. The fact that it happens so regularly suggests that it is not a router fault, however...

The WiFi dropping off could be just a secondary issue whilst the router reboots.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'