cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband dropping in and out

Tim1100i
Hooked

Broadband dropping in and out

Hi I joined plusnet in November and have had a few problems now and again.Due to the present situation my wife has been working from home full time for the last few weeks. The broadband has been giving her no end of problems. It is just not stable it keeps dropping in and out
9 REPLIES 9
Tim1100i
Hooked

Re: Broadband dropping in and out

This is getting silly now. Its on for an hour off for half hour, on for a bit off for a bit.My wife cannot work like this so what do I do to cancel.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@Tim1100i 

Your choices are to try to help yourself by providing more information so that you get further advice or sign up with another ISP and in a few weeks be transferred to another ISP. The downside of this approach is that the fault might follow you and of course receive a large bill for cancelling your contract.

The first things to identify is whether you have a network or wireless problem. When connection is lost are there any changes to the indicator lights on your router? 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Tim1100i
Hooked

Hi thanks for the reply when it goes down the lights flash red and then solid red, eventually going back to blue. I've tried everything in the help video but it makes no difference. I was thinking of going to Virgin. Surely if plusnet are not giving me what I've paid for there must be a way of csncelling
Tim1100i
Hooked

Hi is there any chance that somebody can do some form of checks on the line.my wife is trying to do conference calls and keeps getting booted out.This is not good!!
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@Tim1100i 

You can only cancel without penalty if you give Plusnet sufficient opportunity to get the problem fixed. It sounds like you have a network problem so you need to report the fault to Plusnet, your line is not automatically monitored so unless you report it no one knows that there's an issue that needs addressing.

You can either ring in or wait until a Plusnet staffer comes along here and picks it up for you.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Tim1100i
Hooked

Hi thanks for replying again. I tried phoning but was holding for ages. I've messaged them so hopefully they'll come back to me tomorrow
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting in touch @Tim1100i and apologies for the delayed response.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your connection.

I've tested your line this morning and found a potential fault on the line that will most likely need a engineer to visit the property to resolve.

Unfortunately our suppliers systems are down for maintenance until 5pm so we can't progress this until then but I'll get one of my colleagues to pick this up for you and update you with the next steps.

If you can respond to this thread once my colleague has updated you we'll get that picked up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Tim1100i
Hooked

Thank you for your reply. I look forward to hearing from you
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Evening @Tim1100i I've progressed the fault with our suppliers and I've added a reply to the fault ticket that Matthew raised. You can view and respond to this by going Here. Once you've responded I'll book the engineer as soon as I can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet