Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband dropouts

FIXED
Solmark
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Broadband dropouts

I've just had 2 fibre dropouts this evening, the downtime tends to be only 2-3 minutes at a time but is very annoying. I do seem to get this happening most days.

I have the normal Plusnet router with a 70meg fibre connection.

No port forwarding or special settings in the firewall, all default 

I've attached the log as a text file

With dropouts I am referring to Broadband where the router itself goes orange.

10 REPLIES 10
Solmark
Dabbler

Re: Broadband dropouts

It just dropped out again for a couple of minutes

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Solmark, sorry to hear you're experiencing connection issues.

If you haven't already, I'd recommend running through our Trbouleshooting guide in the first instance, however if you continue to experience problems after this, please could you report the issue over at https://faults.plus.net

If you could let us know once you've done this, we'll be able to get the ticket picked up and progressed for you.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Solmark
Dabbler

I've had more drop outs this evening. I will look at that troubleshooting guide and then log it as you stated. I have both my landline and fiber with Plusnet

Solmark
Dabbler

It has dropped out 4 times in the last 30 minutes. I ran the fault test stuff and I noticed that 2 of the drop outs coincided with when I was called on my landline and when I dialed out from my landline (both landline and fibre are with plusnet)

Solmark
Dabbler

Fix

A BT Openreach Engineer arrived at 8am this morning, I had no idea he was coming!

He said he found a fault and re-terminated the connection outside my house. My speed seems to have dropped to just over 50mb (over 70mb normally). I presume that will increase in time.

I will see if it is more stable and will respond here accordingly

thanks

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Solmark 

I'm very sorry to hear you did not know an engineer was coming. 

I can see that your router is syncing at 56Mbps. 

Can you run through our troubleshooting guides here - let us know how you get on. Should you speeds not increase we can progress forward according with this. 

Thanks,

MoR

Solmark
Dabbler

I ran through those tests before, I have a fully wired connection to the plusnet router and it plugs directly in to the master socket with the socket that doesn't need a micro filter, so its an optimum setup from what I can see. 

I had assumed the speed would increase back up after a day or so after being disconnected/reconnected by the Openreach engineer.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Please do let us know how it looks on Monday, @Solmark (as our supplier do not have a full contingency over the weekend) and we can reraise this issue to them if the speeds do not improve. 

Thanks, 

MoR

Solmark
Dabbler

I wanted to give it more time for a proper test, but the engineer visit and re-terminating the connection seems to have done the trick. I've not had any dropouts since and the connect is back up to 70mb

Many thanks for your help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Glad to hear the drops have stopped and your speeds are back up. Thumbs_Up

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet