Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband dropouts

mcjizja
Dabbler

Broadband dropouts

Hi,

I recently moved from another provider, and with them had a reliable broadband connection. Since being with plusnet I have had lots of drop outs. It usually comes back online fairly quickly but nevertheless annoying. I'm hoping this is teething problems and can be resolved. Can you do a line check please to see if there is anything obvious?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Broadband dropouts

Unfortunately it appears that you may be affected by the same issue as some other customers are seeing where uploading is causing your connection to drop. Next time you start to see disconnections can you try stopping anything that's uploading and see if the disconnections stop.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mcjizja
Dabbler

In a house full of smartphones and laptops doing cloud backups etc thats kind of hard to achieve! But I'll try and see if there are any patterns.

Is it occurring for uploads over a certain threshold etc? Is there a resolution being worked on?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@mcjizja wrote:

Is there a resolution being worked on?

It's certainly being looked in to.

I believe more on this has been discussed over here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Plusnet-fibre-broadband-does-not-cope-with-uploads-and...

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet