cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband down since about 1pm

yorkshirestea
Dabbler

Broadband down since about 1pm

Hi, how do I let you know my broadband is down? Orange light on router. Restart does nothing. I tried your online chat - only accepting new customers. I tried your phone line. Didn’t want to know when I said I had a technical issue (again, prioritising staff to accept new customer calls only I expect). I tried logging into the fault reporter but apparently my account password is wrong - but I’ve not changed it.

So here you go. I’m in Leeds, my phone line still works (phone is on same socket as the router, no extensions in the way) and I have no broadband connection. Please can you look into this. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
yorkshirestea
Dabbler

Re: Broadband down since about 1pm

I managed to log a fault now.
yorkshirestea
Dabbler

I hoped there would be a reset overnight, but now I’m wondering if I will be without broadband all weekend? It would be nice to get a response.
yorkshirestea
Dabbler

I just checked the ticket. By 3:30pm yesterday you’d accepted there was a fault on my line. The meet time I’m due an update is 3pm on Monday afternoon. I guess that answers my question... if my plus net broadband goes down on a Friday afternoon, I can expect to not have a service all weekend. That feels pretty poor in this day and age, especially when I was complaining about my broadband speed a couple of months ago, your consistent response was that you were prioritising customers WITHOUT a connection. Guess you’re working on a skeleton staff, nearly 4 months after lockdown started. Or is the whole home broadband industry like this? Just to note, I’m due to be (home) working Monday morning. Any chance of compensation from you if I rack up a huge data bill using my mobile data to connect to the office?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your time on the phone @yorkshirestea 

I'm sorry for the delay in picking up your post, the difficulties with contacting us and the problems with your connection.

As discussed I can see on the back of the fault you reported yesterday an engineer went out this morning and believed to have fixed the problem at the cabinet (the green box in the road). 

I've tested your line today and your router's staying connected to the equipment at the cabinet but you don't have an active connection. Unfortunately a factory reset and re-configuring two routers haven't fixed this so I've booked an engineer visit with you for further investigation and I'll call you back after to follow things up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet